Jan 27, 2010

McCabe Tabbed for LNHS Job



We are very proud to announce that current Blue Jay assistant coach Chris McCabe will be named the first boys' basketball head coach at Liberty North high school. McCabe, who's in his fourth year in the Liberty program, is a tremendous hire for the Eagles. He began his coaching career as a student assistant coach in college. He spent one year at Johnson County Community College, under Mike Jeffers, and three years at Kansas State, under Jim Wooldridge. Since then he's been the offensive coordinator for the Jays basketball team.

Here's what McCabe has to say about his appointment:


What are your thoughts about getting the job?
“It’s been my dream since I was a kid to be a head coach and I am very appreciative of this opportunity. While there is certainly a lot of work to be done at North, I am focused on giving the current program my best effort, just as our staff demands from our players every day.”

What are you looking forward to @ LNHS?
“I am excited to start from ground up in building and establishing a program that players will want to be a part of and the community will embrace. Our unselfishness and toughness on the court will make us a team that all basketball fans will respect and want to watch. Our players will leave Liberty North better basketball players but most importantly, better people.”


Any other comments?
“Obviously, I am ecstatic about the opportunity to lead my own program. I have been blessed with amazing people, both personally and professionally, who have helped prepare me for this opportunity and I am very grateful to each one of them. I’ll make them proud.”


Supporting McCabe in his future endeavour will be his wife, Melynda, a business teacher at LHS.